Medical Cost Transparency
Starting Monday, you can go to
What's so important about that, you ask?
Well, can you imagine buying a new car without any idea of the price you should pay? Few, if any, buyers pay the "sticker price" on the window. With today's technology and online comparison tools, it's easy to negotiate a better deal for the car you want.
But when it comes to health care and hospitalization, we just accept the bill that is presented to us -- in effect, paying the "sticker" price.If you need to go to the hospital for treatment or surgery, you probably never ask about the costs. Why should you care? Your health insurance will take care of most of those huge bills, except for your deductible and copayments. And even those copayments have a maximum limit. If you are covered by employer-provided health care, the cost of a hospital stay is usually the last thing on your mind. The same holds true for seniors, who can rely on Medicare to cover the huge costs of hospitalization, especially if they have purchased a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV