Stock Sale Hammers Genta
Genta (GNTA) sank 25% after setting plans to sell 20 million shares in an bid to raise gross proceeds totaling $16 million.
The stock was dropping 28 cents to 82 cents early Wednesday. With only 30 minutes gone in the trading session, more than 15 million shares had already traded. The average volume for a full day is about 5.8 million shares.
Genta said the closing should take place around Sept. 22. The shares are being sold under the company's registration statement declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission in May 2004 and the prospectus supplement dated Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV