Marsh Shops Putnam
On Monday, Sun Life (SLF), the partner of MFS Funds said it had hired investment bankers to find a buyer for the Massachusetts-based mutual fund family.
The potential sale of the two mutual fund giants comes at a time of big changes in the asset-management business, with even some private equity funds showing interest in the sector
Earlier this year, BlackRock (BLK), a big asset-manager, and Merrill Lynch (MER) struck a deal to combine their mutual fund businesses into a firm with $1 trillion in assets. Last month, Comerica (CMA) sold its stake in asset-management firm Munder Capital Management for $302 million.
In the Munder deal, Crestview Partners, a two-year-old New York private-equity firm with $1.5 billion in funding, is helping finance the management led buyout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV