Tuesday's Early Winners & Losers
Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM) was dropping 5% after the company cut its forecast. The company expects first-quarter revenue to be flat to down 3% from the fourth quarter and earnings of 32 cents to 34 cents a share, excluding charges. Maxim's shares were losing $1.47 to $29.90 before the opening bell.
Harte-Hanks (HHS) agreed to acquire AberdeenGroup, a Boston-based provider of technology market research. The company expects to close the acquisition by the end of September.
Annaly Capital Management (NLY) boosted its quarterly dividend by 1 cent to 14 cents a share. The dividend is payable Oct. 27 to shareholders of record Sept. 29.
Hifn (HIFN), a provider of security processors for the networking and storage markets, expects revenue for its fiscal fourth quarter ending Sept. 30 to fall short of expectations by roughly 20%. Hifn said its outlook for fiscal 2007 is unchanged.El Paso Electric (EE) said its board has increased its buyback authorization, allowing the company to repurchase up to an additional 2.3 million common shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV