Street Applauds Adobe Systems
Shares of Adobe Systems (ADBE) jumped as much as 13% on Friday after the company's latest earnings report reassured investors about the state of its business ahead of an ambitious product-launch schedule.
The company expects to release key products -- such as its Acrobat document creation programs and its suite of software for creative professionals -- on time over the next nine months. While Adobe does expect sales of its flagship creative suite to tail off before the launch of the new version next spring, its latest results indicate that demand for the product is still solid. And Adobe's outlook suggests that the company expects other new products to make up for any sales slack in coming months.
"The bottom line is Adobe's end markets are healthy," wrote Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster in a report released Friday. Its underlying health "appears to be providing a soft landing for
Munster reiterated his outperform rating and $45 price target on Adobe's stock. And he wasn't the only one that was bullish. At least three other analysts reiterated their outperform or buy ratings, and Goldman Sachs upgraded the stock to a buy from a neutral.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV