Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
QMed (QMED) rose after the company received three contracts to operate Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans and reiterated its 2007 revenue forecast for its QMedCare unit of between $38 million and $44.5 million. Shares of QMed were up 13.2% to $4.73.
United American Healthcare (UAHC) said its Health Plan of Tennessee unit received bid approval from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to act as a Medicare Advantage qualified organization beginning in 2007. United American was higher by 13.3% to $4.35.
Shares of Transmeta (TMTA) jumped 12% after Matrix Research initiated coverage of the company with a strong buy rating. Transmeta was recently adding 14 cents to $1.31.
Iris International (IRIS) jumped on news that its Iris Diagnostics division signed a five-year agreement to supply and service automated urine microscopy technology for LabCorp (LH). Shares of Iris were gaining 11.7% to $11.18.American Mold Guard (AMGI) slumped after the company cut its third-quarter sales forecast. The company was expecting sales of $3.1 million to $3.6 million, but it now believes it will have $2.1 million to $2.3 million. American Mold Guard was losing 17% to $2.79. Authentidate Holding (ADAT) was lower following the company's fourth-quarter financial results. Revenue was about $3.7 million, down from $4.8 million a year ago. Authentidate narrowed its loss to $5.9 million, or 17 cents a share, from $8.4 million and 24 cents a share a year ago. The stock dropped 14.3% to $1.92.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV