Health Care REIT Buys Windrose
The transaction will also see Health Care REIT assume $426 million of Windrose debt. The merger will create a company with more than 550 properties in 37 states and gross real estate assets of roughly $4 billion.
Each share of Windrose will be exchanged for 0.4509 shares of Health Care REIT. At Tuesday's closing prices, Windrose is being valued at $18.06 a share.
Health Care REIT, Toledo, Ohio, invests in health care and senior housing properties. Windrose is a real estate investment trust based in Indianapolis.Shares of Windrose gained $2.51, or 16.5%, to $17.69 in premarket trading Wednesday. Health Care REIT last closed at $40.05.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV