Dolan Out at Bristol-Myers
Then, in late July,
(PFE) announced that Hank McKinnell had resigned as CEO immediately but would remain chairman until February.
McKinnell left about 12 months ahead of the mandatory retirement age of 65 amid a growing chorus of boos among analysts and
At Bristol-Myers, Robinson, the chairman, will lead a committee to find a new CEO. Robinson said he will look inside and outside the company, adding that Dolan will act as an adviser.
Until then, the temporary CEO is Cornelius, who joined the Bristol-Myers board in January 2005. He previously served as chairman and interim CEO of Guidant, now part of Boston Scientific (BSX). Before that, he was chief financial officer and a director of Eli Lilly (LLY), Guidant's former parent."Jim's extensive experience in the health care arena will be critical in ensuring a smooth transition of leadership of this great company," Robinson said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV