Dolan Out at Bristol-Myers
Then, in late July, Pfizer (PFE) announced that Hank McKinnell had resigned as CEO immediately but would remain chairman until February. McKinnell was replaced by Jeffrey Kindler, one of the three vice chairmen who had been vying to succeed him.
McKinnell left about 12 months ahead of the mandatory retirement age of 65 amid a growing chorus of boos among analysts and a stock price that had fallen nearly 40% since he became CEO in January 2001.
At Bristol-Myers, Robinson, the chairman, will lead a committee to find a new CEO. Robinson said he will look inside and outside the company, adding that Dolan will act as an adviser.
Until then, the temporary CEO is Cornelius, who joined the Bristol-Myers board in January 2005. He previously served as chairman and interim CEO of Guidant, now part of Boston Scientific (BSX). Before that, he was chief financial officer and a director of Eli Lilly (LLY), Guidant's former parent."Jim's extensive experience in the health care arena will be critical in ensuring a smooth transition of leadership of this great company," Robinson said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV