AmerUs (AMH), a life insurance and annuity products company, said Monday that it will redeem all Series A non-cumulative perpetual preferred stock on Wednesday at a price of $26.03 a share.
To coincide with the redemption payment, preferred dividend of 45.31 cents a share will also be paid on Wednesday, rather than Friday as previously announced, making $26.48 a share as the total redemption price.
The redemption will be funded from the settlement of the forward purchase contracts forming a portion of the company's Income PRIDES which matured on Aug. 16 as well as other equity issuances occurring in the six month period prior to redemption.
The company received $143.75 million upon maturity of the portfolio of U.S. Treasury securities pledged as collateral by holders of the Income PRIDES to secure their obligation to purchase shares of common stock of the company on Aug. 16.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV