Fox Aims at Fantasy Crowd
MySpace users now see a promotion for the game on the FoxSports.com site. It boasts free features such as live scoring and statistics, which Yahoo! players have to pay a fee to receive. It also allows MySpace users to add sports headlines to their profiles, or their personalized Web pages that make up the MySpace site.
It's unclear how much impact the campaign has had on fantasy football signups, which began in earnest ahead of Thursday's kickoff of the NFL season. Nonetheless, Fox is optimistic that it's gaining ground in attracting users.
"The numbers exceeded our internal goals by quite a large margin," said Brian Grey, senior vice president and general manager for Fox Interactive Media, in an interview. "We're ecstatic."Grey, who joined Fox last year from Yahoo!, where he oversaw that company's fantasy sports games, declined to be more specific. Fantasy football is just the latest example of how New York-based Fox is using MySpace to promote its other businesses. Fox also announced plans to provide a preview of the season premiere of "The Simpsons" on MySpace and other Web sites that are part of its Fox Interactive Media unit. Episodes of the Fox cartoon "American Dad" and FX cable comedy "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" can also be streamed through MySpace. Burger King (BKC) is sponsoring both promotions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV