Dell's Pain Means Gain for China's Lenovo
BEIJING -- During a sultry August in Beijing, local PC giant Lenovo was kicking the heat up even higher on a struggling Dell (DELL).
In less than a month, Lenovo has poached nearly half a dozen of Dell's key Asia executives -- a move likely to bolster its standing outside its home market and deal a setback to Dell.
The incoming Lenovo hires, all announced between Aug. 17 and Aug. 31, include:
- David Miller, formerly president of Dell China, will become president of Asia Pacific for Lenovo.
- Sotaro Amano, new president of Lenovo Japan, had been corporate director of Japan home and business sales for Dell.
- Gerry Smith has been tapped as senior vice president of Lenovo's global supply chain; previously he ran Dell's design center and displays business unit in Singapore.
- David Schmoock will lead a new Lenovo organization focused on supply/demand forecasting, pricing and sales strategies, leaving his old role as Dell's vice president of marketing for Asia-Pacific/Japan.
- Christopher Askew has been named senior vice president of Lenovo Services, after serving as vice president of Dell's services unit in Asia-Pacific/Japan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV