Palm Guides Sales Lower
On average, analysts polled by Thomson First Call had estimated that the company would earn 19 cents a share excluding costs on $382.9 million in sales in the period.
However, analysts had much higher expectations for the quarter back in June before the company's original guidance for the period disabused them of their notions. At the time of the company's last earnings report, they were calling for a pro forma profit of 22 cents a share on $413.4 million in sales.
Shares of Palm closed regular trading up 58 cents, or 3.9%, to $15.53.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV