Wednesday's Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
Fat Pitch Financials looks at the stocks most hit immediately after Katrina and where they are now, one year later. It's an interesting look at buying dips in catastrophes.
Forget about Wal-Mart. Check out Walmex (WMMVY).
Thank you! 24/7 Wall Street points out it doesn't matter who the CEO of Viacom (VIA) is.
Blogging Stocks asks the importance of Chevron's (CVX) recent oil find in the Gulf.
Lew Rockwell asks what lessons we can learn from the type of capitalism found in Star Trek.
I really like when these blogs do a deep analysis of stocks I've never looked at before. Gannon on Investing breaks down Blyth (BTH).
Freakonomics checks out the most surprising Amazon (AMZN) best-seller it's ever seen.
Both The Average Joe Investor and One Guy's Investments look at what is probably one of the most unusual acquisitions I've seen, the acquisition of Click Commerce (CKCM) by Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Not many stocks can do this. Crossing Wall Street looks at Donaldson (DCI), which has increased earnings for 17 straight years.
Quant Investor looks at micro-cap stock Euroweb (EWEB).
According to 13D Tracker, Loeb Partners discloses a 4.6% stake in Perceptron (PRCP).
This blog is a great example of the long tail at work. I don't even know how a site like this got traffic in the first place, yet it looks very popular.
And here's one if you need a bubble wrap fix.
Great post on how to make money from your blog, from A to Z. It's a great post not only if you're a blogger, but also if you're an investor, to see how this industry that was a zero two years ago is quickly growing.
People definitely have a lot of time on their hands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV