Tuesday's Health Winners & Losers
Shares of heart-device developer Vasogen (VSGN) jumped after the company announced positive clinical-trial data at a cardiology meeting.
According to data presented at the World Congress of Cardiology meeting in Barcelona, Spain, a trial involving 2,400 patients with chronic heart failure showed that the company's Celacade technology reduced the risk of death and cardiovascular hospitalization by 31%. Shares were up 19.7% to 68 cents.
Applied Biosystems (ABI) was higher after the company reached a settlement with life-sciences company Promega resolving two legal disputes. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed. Shares were up 1.3% to $31.71.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV