Friday's Financial Winners & Losers
Capital One (COF) advanced after the McLean, Va.-based credit card company was upgraded by Hilliard Lyons to buy from neutral. Shares gained 40 cents to $73.50.
Under the settlement, no party is obligated to pay money to any party. The other terms of the agreement are confidential. Shares of Fidelity National gained 40 cents, or about 1%, to $40.63. Global Cash Access rose 6 cents to $15.49. Seacoast Banking (SBCF) lost ground after the Florida bank was downgraded by Stifel Nicolaus to hold from buy. Shares were trading down $1.09, or 3.54%, to $29.68.
Atlantic Coast Federal (ACFC) gained after the Georgia bank said its board authorized a new stock buyback plan.The company, which completed a share repurchase, will buy back an additional 478,000 shares, or 10% of its outstanding stock. The company says the buyback will expired in next August. Since 2005, the company has repurchased about 865,000 shares of its common stock. Shares gained 47 cents, or 2.68%, to $18.03. CVB Financial (CVBF) gained after RBC Capital Markets initiated coverage of the California-based bank with a sector-perform rating. Shares gained 18 cents, or 1.20%, to $15.12 recently.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV