Take-Two: Analysts' Estimates Too High
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) warned Thursday that its bottom line for its fiscal third and fourth quarters will likely fall short of analysts' targets.
Because of its ongoing probe into its past stock-options grants, Take-Two gave scant details on its performance in its third quarter, which ended July 31. But what it did say wasn't terribly encouraging.
Not only did the company forecast disappointing earnings, but it also slightly missed analysts' revenue targets for the third quarter and is again delaying a title from its Rockstar studio, which will affect fourth-quarter sales.
What's more, the company warned that it has been hit with grand jury subpoenas related to its past options practices, and that it doesn't expect to file its quarterly report in time to meet regulatory requirements."While the Company is addressing various regulatory matters, we continue to focus on creating content to well position ourselves for the improved industry conditions we anticipate in 2007," Take-Two CEO Paul Eibeler said in a statement. But investors weren't buying Eibeler's optimism. In after-hours trading, shares of Take-Two were off 84 cents, or 7%, to $11.35. In the third quarter, Take-Two posted about $240 million in sales, up 41% from the same period last year. But
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV