Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Cumberland Resources (CLG) surged after the Canadian mining company said the Nunavut Impact Review Board recommended that development of the Meadowbank gold project should proceed. Shares of Cumberland climbed 83 cents, or 18.5%, to $5.32.
Cubic (CUB) advanced after the San Diego-based defense-electronics company said the Naval Air Systems Command awarded it a five-year $32.8 million contract. The pact will cover instruction, simulator operation and curriculum support for the Naval Air Force's U.S. Atlantic Fleet. Shares gained 49 cents, or 2.5%, to $20.13.
Landec (LNDC) lost ground after the Menlo Park, Calif., maker of polymer products for food and agricultural uses said fiscal first-quarter income would be close to break-even. The company said fiscal year 2007 profits should increase 35% to 45% compared with 2006. The company also said it received cash proceeds from the settlement of insurance claims from a fire at its Dock Resins facility in February 2000 that will result in a gain of about $1.3 million, or 5 cents a share, during the first quarter. Shares slipped 51 cents, or 5%, to $9.68.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV