Wednesday's Tech Winners & Losers
Shares of Sigma Designs (SIGM) rose 7% after the digital media processor company posted second-quarter revenue that was well above analysts' expectations. For the period ended July 29, the company reported revenue of $20.1 million, compared with analysts' forecast of $17.9 million. During the year-earlier quarter, the company posted revenue of $8 million.
Sigma didn't release its earnings because of an ongoing investigation into its stock-options practices. As a result of the investigation, the company also said that it may not be able to file its second-quarter report with the Securities and Exchange Commission before the filing deadline. Analysts project second-quarter earnings of 3 cents a share. Shares were trading at $12.57, up 82 cents.
Other technology movers included Intel (INTC), down 8 cents to $19.60; Lucent Technologies (LU), up 7 cents to $2.37; Apple Computer (AAPL), up 70 cents to $67.18; Novell (NOVL), down 24 cents to $6.54; Cisco Systems (CSCO), down 7 cents to $21.61; JDSU (JDSU), up 2 cents to $2.66; Microsoft (MSFT), down 9 cents to $25.75; Applied Materials (AMAT), down 1 cent to $16.68; and Oracle (ORCL), up 3 cents to $15.55.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV