Wednesday's Early Winners & Losers
Sigma Designs (SIGM) gained after the bell rang Tuesday when the Milpitas, Calif., company, which makes digital-media processors for consumer appliances, reported second-quarter revenue that beat Wall Street's expectations. The company said revenue totaled $20.1 million, up 36% from the first quarter and 153% from a year ago. Shares gained 64 cents, or 5.5%, to $12.39.
Versant (VSNT) soared after the Fremont, Calif.-based software systems maker swung to a third-quarter profit. Also, Versant raised its earnings guidance to about $3.5 million, or $1 a share, for fiscal 2006. Shares climbed $1.56, or 25.2%, to $7.74.
Orthologic (OLGC) plummeted after the Temple, Ariz., drug-development company said it terminated a study of its bone and tissue repair drug Chrysalin. The company said the drug did not demonstrate any benefits compared with a placebo. Shares tumbled 39 cents, or 23.9%, to $1.24.
VA Software (LNUX) slipped after the Fremont, Calif., company missed analysts' fourth-quarter revenue expectations. Shares fell 23 cents, or 5.1%, to $4.30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV