'Son of Bubble' Comes of Age
This time, the absurd factor seems to be back in play early on. Years ago, a programmer built a random-jargon generator that spit out the exact kind of gibberish that came out of the mouth of the original dot-commers: "engineer holistic ROI," for example, or "streamline mission-critical content."
The jargon surrounding Web 2.0 has already grown to the point where a contemporary version of the jargon generator now exists. It churns out phrases like "remix rich-client synergies," "incentivize long-tail mashups" and "aggregating citizen-media life-hacks." The scary thing is that this makes as much sense as Web 2.0 itself.
Even better is the site that
Now, if I can just find a cheerleader outfit so I can gate-crash the next big VC party.Ah, I can see it now... "Kevin Kelleher is a contributor to TheStreet.com and founder of Squieeious.com, a startup whose geotag-based textbooks via browser toolbars have ignited a revolution in aggregating citizen-media life-hacks."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV