Amazon Plans Buyback
Amazon (AMZN), whose shares have slumped 41% this year amid concerns about rising costs and competition, today said it would buy back as much as $500 million worth of its stock over the next two years.
Amazon, the No. 1 Internet retailer, has about 418.9 million shares outstanding, according to data on Yahoo! Finance.
Wall Street, which has questioned some recent Amazon moves including entering the low-margin grocery business, greeted the news favorably, sending the company's shares up 36 cents to $28.39 early Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV