360 Degrees of Homebuilders
Editor's note: In this edition of "360 Degrees,"
RealMoney commentators take a look at the homebuilding sector, prompted by the latest report from
(TOL). The spotlight still burns on this sector, as Nick Yulico points out this morning with his
TheStreet.com has always believed that offering a wide variety of opinions and viewpoints -- rather than a monolithic "house view" -- helps readers make better-informed investment decisions. In that spirit, we bring you "360 Degrees."
"360 Degrees" is a feature that takes advantage of the diverse stable of contributors to RealMoney, who offer analysis of stocks and the markets from all angles -- fundamental vs. technical, short-term trader vs. long-term investor.
Click on the following link for information about a
Still Not Time to Move Home, by Dan FitzpatrickThis column was originally published on RealMoney Aug. 22 at 11:21 a.m. EDT. This week, the market seems fixated on the housing numbers. Today we heard from Toll Brothers (TOL). Tomorrow morning we get the July existing-home sales numbers. Yawn. Thursday brings the new-home sales numbers. Key point -- they're not going to be good. Everybody knows that. The question is whether they are going to be as bad as everyone expects. When it comes to the homebuilding stocks, there are three camps -- and two of them are inhabited by bears. First is the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV