Monday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Koppers Holdings (KOP) rose after the industrial-products company was upgraded by UBS to buy from neutral. Shares gained $1.19, or 7.4%, to $17.29.
Pep Boys (PBY) was rising after the auto-parts chain revised its shareholder rights plan. The plan now includes a provision that requires a committee of independent directors to meet at least once every three years to review the terms and conditions of the plan. The company also eliminated the requirement that the redemption of the plan be approved by those directors who are unrelated to a potential acquirer. Shares climbed 58 cents, or 5.2%, to $11.66.
Hastings Entertainment (HAST) plunged after the company's second-quarter profit declined year over year. Hastings, a seller of books, videos and games, earned $200,000, or 2 cents a share, in the second quarter, down from about $700,000 and 6 cents a share last year. Total revenue edged up 0.3% to $123.1 million. Also, Hastings reaffirmed its full-year earnings guidance of 58 cents to 63 cents a share. Hastings was dropping $1.12, or 16%, to $5.86.
Streamline Health Solutions (STRM) declined after the company's second-quarter earnings fell. Revenue for the quarter rose 13% to $4.6 million, but net income dropped to $214,727, or 2 cents a share, from $519,269, or 6 cents a share, last year. The company remains comfortable with its guidance regarding roughly 25% revenue growth for the entire year. Shares of Streamline fell 35 cents, or 6.8%, to $4.83.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV