Mad Money Mailbag: Gold Digging
Editor's note: The following are questions received from viewers of "Mad Money," seen every day at 6 p.m. EST on CNBC.
Are there any ways to invest in gold that are similar to owning a stock?
-- Scott from PennsylvaniaJim Cramer: The StreetTracks Gold Trust (GLD) tracks the underlying price of gold on a 10:1 basis, offering investors a cost-effect and liquid way to invest in the yellow metal.
I own Apache (APA), FedEx (FDX), Fortune Brands (FO), Principal Financial (PFG), Pfizer (PFE) and Garmin (GRMN). Am I diversified? -- Warren from Nebraska Jim Cramer: That's six stocks, compared with the usual five I ask for, but you are still diversified!
I missed the company name of the independent oil and natural gas executive you interviewed this week. Can you help me out? -- Mark from Los Angeles Jim Cramer: Sure, it was Albert Resse, Jr., who's the CFO of ATP Oil & Gas (ATPG).
Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV