Monday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Houston Wire & Cable (HWCC) surged after the company said second-quarter sales increased 80% to $84.2 million. The company earned $8.3 million, or 48 cents a share, up from $2.2 million, or 13 cents a share, last year. Shares climbed $1.99, or 11.1%, to $19.97.
Aftermarket Technology (ATAC) gained after the engineering services company was upgraded by UBS to buy from neutral. Shares gained $1, or 4.9%, to $21.43.
Commercial Vehicle Group (CVGI), an auto-parts company, jumped following an upgrade by Robert W. Baird to outperform from neutral. Shares climbed $1.44, or 8.3%, to $18.84.
CV Therapeutics (CVTX) dropped after the biopharmaceutical company said it's selling 7.5 million shares in a public offering. The company granted the underwriters an option to purchase up to an additional 1.13 million shares to cover overallotments. Shares fell 82 cents, or 7.6%, to $10.03.Double Hull Tankers (DHT) slipped after the company was downgraded by Citigroup to hold from buy. Shares dropped 46 cents, or 3.1%, to $14.37.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV