Monday's Tech Winners & Losers
Agilent Technologies (A) rose 4% ahead of its third-quarter earnings release after the market close. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call expect the company to report earnings of 41 cents a share for the July quarter, with revenue of $1.43 billion. Last year, Agilent posted adjusted third-quarter earnings of $142 million, or 28 cents a share, on revenue of $1.69 billion. Shares were trading up $1.21 to $28.41.
Shares of Ciber (CBR) rose 2% after the information-technology consulting services firm announced a $6 million buyback plan. The company said that it would buy up to $6 million in stock or convertible debt, depending on what it deems most advantageous. "Ciber's revenue has never been higher and earnings and cash flow are improving in 2006," the company said. "We are confident in the balanced and strategic direction of our business model, and believe shareholders are benefited best at current prices by using our cash flow to reduce shares and/or debt outstanding." Shares were up 15 cents to $6.48.
Other technology movers included Cisco Systems (CSCO), up 54 cents to $20.08; Intel (INTC), up 52 cents to $17.93; Lucent Technologies (LU), up 2 cents to $2.13; Microsoft (MSFT), up 2 cents to $24.45; Oracle (ORCL), up 49 cents to $15.48; Apple Computer (AAPL), up 86 cents to $64.51; JDSU (JDSU), up 6 cents to $2.19; Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 3 cents to $4.48; Dell (DELL), up 66 cents to $21.73; Level 3 Communications (LVLT), down 3 cents to $3.70; and Symantec (SYMC), up 40 cents to $17.98.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV