Vectren to Sell Sigecom Stake
Energy holding company Vectren (VVC) said Monday it agreed to sell its remaining stake in Sigecom, an Evansville, Ind., cable television, high-speed Internet, and telephone services provider.
Vectren sold the stake to WideOpenWest, a telecommunications company serving Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio, for an undisclosed sum.
Vectren expects the transaction to close in the fourth quarter. It said that its portion of the sale should approximate the book value of its telecommunications investment.
"This decision is consistent with our previous discussions of narrowing our nonutility portfolio and provides us the opportunity to redeploy capital into our core businesses," the company said. "Further, WideOpenWest's track record of outstanding customer service closely aligns with Sigecom's operating philosophy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV