MLS Makes Bid for Relevance
Ole, ole ole!
Real Madrid, the world-famous soccer team from Spain, is making its first U.S. tour this week, with exhibition games against American teams in Seattle and Salt Lake City.
Real Madrid's roster includes the British midfielder David Beckham, a worldwide celebrity known as much for his ability to trick goalies by "bending" the arc of a soccer ball as for his sex appeal and his marriage to Victoria Adams, better known as Posh Spice of the Spice Girls.
Unlike European soccer leagues, and -- for that matter -- leagues in just about every corner of the globe, U.S. sports fans have never embraced soccer. Major League Soccer, the North American league, has struggled to lure those fans since its founding in 1996.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV