Cramer's 'Mad Money Lightning Round': Penney for Your Thoughts
To see the full "Mad Money" Recap, please click here.
Here's what Jim Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up during the "Mad Money Lightning Round" Thursday evening:
IBM: "Paid too much for FileNet. Really scary."JDSU: "That thing is just [sound of whipping, which isn't good]." "Wheeling-Pittsburgh is for me. And how 'bout the Oregon Steel? Don't you think they're gonna get the BP pipeline? ... Never forget Nucor." Devon Energy: "I regard that as the cheapest energy play in America. BuyBuyBuy!" UTStarcom: "I'm gonna send you to Qualcomm, which I own for the Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust." Ameritrade: "I like that stock." Wausau Paper: "I say swap out of International Paper and buy Wausau Paper." Witness Systems: "I don't want to touch that thing, no how, no way." "Zumiez is taking a hit here. A lot of the high-multiple clothing companies are..." Armor Holdings: "I want to buy the Lockheed Martin because they have what I call congressional mindshare." BHP Billiton: "Like a supermarket of resources. ... I'd buy the stock if it came under 40." Constellation Brands: "Been flat-lining I admit. ... Buy Fortune Brands. You need to be not just in liquor." Petrohawk Energy: "I don't like HAWK that much." PetSmart: "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. I'm not a big fan of the pet store." Cramer suggested J.C. Penney instead.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV