Mad Money Mailbag: See the Light
Editor's note: The following are questions received from viewers of "Mad Money," seen every day at 6 p.m. EST on CNBC.
You recommended Newell Rubbermaid (NWL) a while back, and the stock is still trading around $26, even though the company recently posted strong quarterly results. What are your latest thoughts?
-- Jerry from CaliforniaJim Cramer: First of all, this is a stock I own for my charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. The company is in the midst of a successful turnaround, though many investors have yet to forgive Newell for the many mistakes of its prior management team. I believe the rest of the market will ultimately see the light, but in the meantime, the stock remains attractive for its secure 3.2% dividend yield.
What are your top mutual funds for investors who don't have enough money or time to properly maintain a diversified portfolio of individual stocks? -- Ken from Los Angeles Jim Cramer: One of my favorite mutual funds over the years is Legg Mason Aggressive Growth (SHRAX; formerly Smith Barney Aggressive Growth). It is managed by Richie Freeman, who consistently outperforms his peers and the broader market averages.
Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV