The Daily Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs. As always, let us know what you think.
There's been a lot of speculation that profitless YouTube could be worth as much as $1 billion. GigaOm does an analysis of why News Corp. can't buy it.
Every business model that works in the U.S. will work in China -- Its Internet space is like the U.S.'s in the mid '90s. The blog alarm:clock looks at Tixa, a Chinese online ad network (like Doubleclick or Valueclick), which just got funded.
Wow! Bono owns Forbes.
Technorati is the premier blog search engine. Founder Dave Sifry gives his State of the Blogosphere analysis -- we're at 50 million blogs now.
Quant Investor looks at deep value play Ampal (AMPL), based in Israel.
Is Amazon (AMZN) losing its groove?
Seth Godin and Guy Kawasaki are by far my two favorite marketing pundits. So what a pleasure to read Seth interviewing Guy.
13D Tracker with the latest on activist play Multimedia Games (MGAM) and hedge fund Liberation.
Acquisition of the century: News Corp. (NWS) bought MySpace last year for $500 million. Yesterday Google (GOOG) committed to at least $900 million and probably much more just to be MySpace's search engine. Congrats to Murdoch for making the deal of the century.
Controlled Greed gives the case for Canadian telcom BCE (BCE).
I loved "Super Friends." I loved Office Space. Now I love "Super Friends" meets Office Space.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV