Vectren's Earnings Fall
Vectren (VVC), an energy holding company, said its second-quarter earnings plunged from a year ago.
The Evansville, Ind., company earned $4.3 million, or 6 cents a share, in the quarter, compared with $13.4 million, or 18 cents a share, a year ago. Excluding items, the company earned 12 cents a share. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call were expecting earnings of 16 cents a share in the most recent quarter.
Second-quarter revenue fell 2.7% to $317.5 million.
The company also lowered its full-year earnings guidance to a range of $1.55 to $1.70 a share from $1.65 to $1.80 a share. Analysts were expecting full-year earnings of $1.74 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV