NitroMed Hits New Low
NitroMed's (NTMD) shares hit an all-time low Thursday as the Lexington, Mass., drugmaker withdrew its full-year sales guidance.
The stock was off 98 cents, or 26%, to $2.77, and hit an intraday low of $2.70, its worst level ever. NitroMed went public in late 2003.
The company pulled its forecast after posting a second-quarter loss of $18.3 million, or 50 cents a share, on sales of $2.86 million. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call had expected a loss of 61 cents and sales of $4.6 million.
For the same period last year, NitroMed lost $22.6 million, or 75 cents a share, on revenue of $398,000.NitroMed has struggled with sales of BiDil, a congestive heart failure drug for African-Americans, the only drug approved by the Food and Drug Administration for an ethnic group. The company has had trouble convincing managed-care firms to provide the drug with low copayments. BiDil, which reached the market in July 2005, combines two existing drugs that have lost patent protection. Early
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV