AmerUs Group Earnings Rise
AmerUs Group (AMH), a life insurance and annuity products company, said its second-quarter earnings rose 27.2% from a year ago, benefiting from lower expenses.
The Des Moines, Iowa-based company earned $45.3 million, or $1.09 a share, in the quarter, compared with $35.6 million, or 83 cents a share, a year ago. Adjusted net operating income was $51.4 million, or $1.24 a share, in the most recent quarter. Analysts were expecting $1.24 a share.
Second-quarter revenue fell 12.3% from the year-ago period to $359.7 million as compared to analysts' expectation of $419.8 million.
Net investment income was $287 million in the quarter compared with $277 million last year, led by growth in invested assets and higher yields on new investments.The company's shares closed down 22 cents, or 0.3%, at $67.19 Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV