Mattel Buying Radica
Radica, a Bermuda company headquartered in Hong kong with an office in Dallas, makes electronic games carrying the Radica, 20Q and Play TV brand names. It also sells youth electronics carrying the Girl Tech brand name.
"The addition of Radica to the Mattel portfolio provides Mattel the opportunity to partner our global brands with Radica's technological expertise to better participate in the burgeoning electronic toys arena," said Robert A. Eckert, chairman and chief executive officer of Mattel. "Radica's entrepreneurial spirit has allowed Radica to capture and deliver on some of the hottest trends in electronics, and the company has a proven track record of utilizing technology to reinvent basic play."
Radica's largest shareholder has entered into a voting agreement in which he has agreed to vote shares constituting 40% of Radica's outstanding common stock in support of the transaction. It is expected that the transaction will be completed in the fourth quarter of 2006.Radica had 2005 revenue of $163 million and employs over 6,000 people worldwide. Internationally Radica sells products in some 30 countries, Mattel said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV