Transcat Earnings Fall
Transcat (TRNS) said first-quarter earnings fell despite a 10% sales gain.
For the quarter ended June 24, the Rochester, N.Y., test-gear company made $116,000, or 2 cents a share, down from the year-ago $174,000, or 3 cents a share. Revenue rose to $15.5 million from $14.1 million a year earlier.
Distribution products sales rose 12.3% from a year ago to $10.5 million, while calibration services sales rose 6.5% to $5 million.
Transcat said calibration services growth, excluding its recent N.W. Calibration Inspection acquisition, "is short of our expectations, and we are making changes in our selling processes to improve our growth rate in this segment."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV