Opsware Financial Chief Resigns
Opsware (OPSW) Chief Financial Officer Sharlene Abrams resigned, following news that regulators plan a legal action against her related to her prior employment.
The IT automation software maker said late Wednesday that David F. Conte wil become chief financial officer; he was previously vice president of finance and corporate controller.
Abrams will remain with the company through Oct. 31.
Abrams previously served as CFO at Mercury Interactive (MERQ), which recently found discrepancies related to the so-called options backdating investigations that are rippling through Wall Street.Last week, Opsware received a Wells Notice that the Securities and Exchange Commission's enforcement staff planned to recommend legal action against certain people, including Abrams, over its investigation into Mercury. The pending charges do not involve Opsware, and the company originally said it had no plans to change Abrams' status. But an enforcement action against her could include an injunction preventing her from serving as an officer or director of a public company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV