Arthur J. Gallagher Buys Brokerage Firm
Arthur J. Gallagher (AJG) said Wednesday that it acquired San Francisco-based S. P. Tarantino Insurance Brokerage, a risk management and commercial property and casualty insurance services provider.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Founded in 1979, Tarantino specializes in insurance for the restaurant, hospitality, manufacturing, trucking and property-owner industries.
The Itasca, Ill.-based company said that Chairman Salvatore Tarantino, President Donald Tarantino and their team will continue to operate the firm, whose name will change to Gallagher-Tarantino in their current San Francisco location under the direction of James McFarlane, west coast regional manager of Gallagher's brokerage services retail unit.The company's stock was up 16 cents, or 0.6%, at $25.22 Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV