Arthur J. Gallagher Buys Brokerage Firm
Arthur J. Gallagher (AJG) said Wednesday that it acquired San Francisco-based S. P. Tarantino Insurance Brokerage, a risk management and commercial property and casualty insurance services provider.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Founded in 1979, Tarantino specializes in insurance for the restaurant, hospitality, manufacturing, trucking and property-owner industries.
The Itasca, Ill.-based company said that Chairman Salvatore Tarantino, President Donald Tarantino and their team will continue to operate the firm, whose name will change to Gallagher-Tarantino in their current San Francisco location under the direction of James McFarlane, west coast regional manager of Gallagher's brokerage services retail unit.The company's stock was up 16 cents, or 0.6%, at $25.22 Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV