AmerisourceBergen Makes Buy
Pharmaceutical-services provider AmerisourceBergen (ABC) said its Canadian subsidiary has agreed to acquire the drug distributor Rep-Pharm.
Rep-Pharm distributes drugs mostly to retail pharmacies in Ontario, Quebec and Alberta. While the specific terms of the acquisition weren't disclosed, AmerisourceBergen says Rep-Pharm brought in revenue of more than $600 million in the last 12 months.
After completing the acquisition, AmerisourceBergen said its Canadian pharmaceutical-distribution business will have more than $1.4 billion in annualized sales and occupy the No. 2 position in Canada. "The acquisition also continues AmerisourceBergen's strategic focus on the pharmaceutical supply channel," CEO R. David Yost said in a press release
The deal, which is expected to close by Sept. 30, probably won't be material to earnings. AmerisourceBergen's shares added 7 cents to $41.87 Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV