Gamers Flirt With Bargain Bin
And some investors are betting that EA will be the largest beneficiary. The
Madden NFL maker
The company appears poised to post a better-than-expected quarter later this month, as the popularity of the recently concluded World Cup likely boosted sales of its FIFA Soccer title, those investors say. And with a relatively strong lineup for the fall compared with its rivals, the company should continue to see better-than-expected results, they say.
"The risk/reward is good" with EA in the short term, says a hedge fund manager who owns the stock as part of a near-term trade. "For the long term, I don't know."
But some investors believe the short-term play is too risky. Many are worried about the strength of consumer spending this fall, particularly if the economy goes into recession. And few believe publishers will benefit all that much from the new consoles in the short term to make a difference for their stocks."Developing games for the next generation is going be obscenely more expensive and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV