Accenture Buys Outsourcers
Accenture (ACN) is acquiring two business process outsourcing companies, the IT services firm announced on Tuesday.
Accenture agreed to buy Advantium of Hudson, Ohio, and Meridian Informed Purchasing of St. Albans, U.K. Both companies use proprietary software to analyze customers' procurement and payables data to help them recover lost profits.
Accenture expects the deals to close within 30 days. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Kevin Campbell, senior managing director of Accenture's BPO organization, said in a statement that the additions will help Accenture's clients grow profitability, improve payment terms, tighten operations controls, enhance compliance and gain insight into their spending among suppliers.Accenture shares dipped 29 cents, or 1%, to $27.68 in recent trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV