Dell to Unveil Pricing Initiative
Dell (DELL) plans to announce a new "pricing initiative" later this week, the company said on Monday.
The "major" move, which the PC maker plans to unveil on Thursday, will affect the company's products and services aimed at home and small-business customers, said company spokesman Venancio Figueroa III. Figueroa declined to give details of the upcoming announcement, such as whether the company is cutting prices or which of the company's products would be affected.
Obviously, Dell's main product for consumers and small businesses are its desktop and notebook PCs. But the company also offers MP3 players, printers, TVs and handheld computers.
The pricing move comes as Dell, long the dominant PC provider, has run into a rough patch. The company has been
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV