Accenture Opens Bangalore Lab
Accenture (ACN) opened its first research and development lab in Bangalore, India, on Monday, adding to similar centers in the U.S. and France.
Shares of the consulting and technology services firm rose 0.4%, adding 12 cents to $28.12 in recent trading.
Accenture Technology Labs-India will concentrate on research and development in systems integration and software engineering.
Areas of research include service-oriented and distributed software architectures, automated quality management for software development, testing theory and practice for software and systems and large-scale distributed workforce management techniques, among others."The competitive strength of Accenture's operation in India is central to our success as a global company," Don Rippert, Accenture's chief technology officer, said in a statement. "In Bangalore, Accenture's research team will be able to interact directly with the delivery teams responsible for some of the organization's largest and most complex systems integration projects." The company said it plans to hire more than 100 research and development professionals at the new facility. Accenture's global delivery network staff in India totals 17,500 employees. Accenture also has research labs in Chicago, Palo Alto, Calif., and Sophia Antipolis, France. Over the past several months, the company has been expanding its presence offshore. Just last week, the company opened a business process outsourcing center for finance and accounting, human resources and procurement services in Bucharest, Romania. The facility will employ up to 1,000 people.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV