Pirates Sequel Sets Records
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is turning into a treasure chest for distributor Disney (DIS).
The adventure sequel, which stars Johnny Depp, smashed box office records on its opening weekend, according to wire reports. In its first three days in North American theaters, the film brought in an estimated $132 million, beating the previous record of $115 million, set by Spider-Man in 2002.
Dead Man's Chest also set a new one-day record, with $55.5 million in ticket sales on Friday. Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith, which opened last year, held the previous one-day record, with about $50 million in sales.
Disney shares lost 21 cents Friday to finish at $29.83.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV