Freescale Unveils New Memory Chip
Updated from 8:13 a.m. EDT
Freescale Semiconductor (FSL) began selling a new generation of memory chips Monday, becoming the first company to commercialize a technology that has until now been confined to the R&D labs of various firms.
The Austin, Texas, company is producing a 4-megabit MRAM chip in volume quantities, culminating more than 10 years of its own development work. According to Freescale, the chip offers a combination of features and performance previously available only in separate memory technologies.
Freescale's initial crop of MRAM chips will have a relatively low storage capacity and cater to a niche market. But by commercializing MRAM technology, Freescale hopes to position itself to tap into much larger and lucrative markets."Today, if you look at the Freescale product portfolio, we have products going from consumer all the way to automotive that require multiple
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV