TechWeek: Mercury Played by Own Rules
If you've been following the sad saga of options backdating at Mercury Interactive (MERQ), you already know that something went seriously wrong at the business software maker.
But if you haven't read Mercury's recent regulatory filings, you have no idea how bad things got. Simply put, the former management team made up the rules as it went along -- and not just about options -- and the board of directors did exactly nothing to stop them.
Sure, those are harsh words. But consider these points made in the company's recent filings:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV