eBay Sellers Knock Google Checkout Ban
The move, which was first reported Thursday by trade publications, highlights the growing tensions between the largest auction site and the No. 1 search engine. Last week, Google introduced Google Checkout, a service that Wall Street analysts say poses a competitive threat to eBay's lucrative PayPal business.
"The feedback I've gotten from eBay users is that sellers don't want eBay to dictate their payment methods,'' says Ina Steiner, editor of the Web site AuctionBytes.com.
Sellers on eBay message boards denounced eBay's decision. Typical was the response of a poster named 2kewl4ufool, who says, "Seems like our eBay is a little nervous
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV