Barr Files Documents for Pliva Buy
Drugmaker Barr Pharmaceuticals (BRL) said Friday that it made all the required filings with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and German regulators regarding its proposed acquisition of Pliva, a generic drugmaker based in Croatia.
Barr has offered about $2.3 billion for Pliva, but Iceland's Actavis Group is also trying to buy the company for the same amount.
''We are hoping for an expedited review and intend to pursue the issuance of our formal tender offer to acquire Pliva in accordance with Croatian takeover law and the Croatian Financial Services Supervisory Agency's instructions as expeditiously as possible," Barr, of Woodcliff Lake, N.J., said in a press release.
Shares of Barr were down 42 cents, or 0.9%, at $46.96.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV