Valassis Pays Up for Advo
Valassis will pay $37 for each share of Advo. The company also expects to refinance around $125 million in existing Advo debt.
Advo soared on the news, gaining $11.67, or 48%, to $35.93. The stock had closed Wednesday at $24.26, and during the last year, it has traded between $23.06 and $35.80.
Meanwhile, Valassis was plunging $3.31, or 14.3%, to $19.91, putting it well below its lowest close of the past 52 weeks at $23.09."Together, Valassis and Advo will be well positioned for growth as a more diversified company with complementary capabilities, product offerings and clients," said Alan F. Schultz, Valassis' chairman, president and CEO. "We will have an unsurpassed ability to deliver value and savings to consumers where, when and how they want -- and to do so with advanced analytics and targeting capabilities that maximize advertisers' return on investment." The merged company would expect revenue of about $2.65 billion in 2007. Both boards have approved the deal, and the companies plan to close the transaction in three to four months. The combined company will serve 20,000 advertisers worldwide, including 94 of the top 100 in the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV