Openwave Guides Lower
Openwave (OPWV) will badly miss Wall Street's fourth-quarter earnings and sales estimates.
The telecommunications software provider expects to break even before items in the quarter on sales of $90 million to $92 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call were forecasting earnings of 22 cents a share on sales of $122.1 million. On a GAAP basis, Openwave expects to lose 13 cents or 14 cents a share in the quarter.
"While the results for the quarter are disappointing, overall the company has delivered a solid financial year," Openwave said. "During the quarter, we signed a significant systems deal, made progress on decreasing receivables and recorded strong bookings. We continue to see customer momentum worldwide and are confident in our strategy as we enter fiscal 2007."
The stock closed Wednesday at $11.47. In premarket trading Thursday, shares fell $2.52, or 22%, to $8.95.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV